Saturday, August 1, 2009

Yasmin Ahmad - May You Rest In Peace - Amin.

Innalillah wa inallilahirajiun .. What else can one say...


I've been meaning to write this post once I heard about her passing at 11:25pm on Saturday 25th July, last Sunday; 26th July 2009. It came to me as a shock... well.. not as great as the Tsunami news.... but suffice to say, it left me bewildered for quite sometimes.

Why? Because I adore her works. To me, she is the most brilliant and talented director, script-writer and writer in Malaysia ever since I watched her advertisements and films. I have never been disappointed watching her work or arts since I realize the hidden message she instilled in them - message that's not too abstract until you can't understand - message that portray the real life of Malaysians whether we want to admit it or otherwise - message that touch everyone of us deep inside and causes us who can think to repent and do the right things..... ..........

Yes.. as a Moslem, we have to always remember all that lives will eventually passed away. That's the rule, and we have to believe and embrace it as our faith. And I do know, its easier said than done.. for the close family of the departed who will feel the extreme lost in their life and definitely their life will never be the same again. But, what can one do?? Only.. snap back to reality and remember that we will follow suit our loved ones when the time comes. Till then, God has generously spare us with some bit of time now for us to do good deeds to ourself and others.

Lastly, I pray that Yasmin Ahmad will Rest In Peace and her family will be strong to face the coming days. One thing for sure, everyone is unique in their own way.. ....

A snipped of her parents and Mukhsin production's family.





1 comment:

  1. Nice layout...maybe I should shop around and look for a new one....

    ReplyDelete